El Huerto de los Olivos – CD Release on Behalf of HUMSA
The classical guitar ensemble from the Huntingdonshire Music School spent nearly 5 hours recording in Old Hurst at St. Peter’s Church one weekend in March. There’s not much you can do in gloves! Anyway the end result was worth it and we now have a CD for sale (£5) with the proceeds going towards HUMSA and therefore future music-making at the music school.
The tracks include:
- Boureé (Mozart arr K. Marx)
- The Olive Grove – 1) Il Pensieroso 2) L’allegro (Peter Nuttall)
- Contradanza (Ian Gammie)
- Jeux Interdits (Narcisio Yepes arr. Remi Laredo)
- Beginners’ Rag (Susan Sharp)
- Ashokan Farewell (Trad.)
- Arena y Sol (Ian Gammie)
- Sarabande Varieé (G.F. Handel)
- Jamaica Farewell (Trad.)
A sample of the tracks from the CD can be heard on the Music Alley site (used to be the Podcast Music Network).
Posted by madmusician